Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Broccoli Salad



Broccoli florets
Purple seedless grapes cut in halves
Bacon bits
Scallions
Lighthouse coleslaw dressing

No measurements for anything because you just add as much, or as little, of everything as you want according to taste. I usually start with enough servings of broccoli for everyone, and then add bacon and grapes to balance. Throw in scallions for flavor, and add dressing tablespoon by tablespoon and toss. I don't like to drown it in dressing. It's also best to let the salad settle in the fridge for a day or so before serving. SC likes to blanch the broccoli first - I always just go with raw.

Got this recipe from my former boss's (NJ) wife. I was addicted to it for awhile. It's super easy to make in high volume - perfect for potlucks.

No comments: